- Research Fellow in Residence, Joint
Center for Community Studies,
Los Angeles, June
1981-84. Included project supporting Juvenile Justice, Small Business, Community Development & Minority Fund Raising.
- Culver City Chamber of Commerce workshop on networking,
- Vision Quest Task Force in Strategy Formation at
Church, Culver City, 1988.
- Networking LAUSD & Private Industry Council of
San Gabriel to
reintroduce apprenticeship model in the printing industry, 1988.
- LMU Special Games Clown 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993. Member
of Special Games Coordinating Committee, Faculty Representative for past 3
- Speech to new parents for Orientation, 1990.
- Hermosa Beach Rotary presentation on storytelling, May
- Moderator & speaker for LMU Support the Troops
Rally, February 1991.
- Volunteer work for Nickerson Gardens Resident
Management Corporation Economic Empowerment transition, from 1991 to June 1996.
Includes work on Dual Management (negotiated contract with Housing
Authority City of Los Angeles to obtain jobs for seven unemployed
residents; In October 1993 negotiated an additional seven hires -- this
means conducting employment screening, work readiness workshop, etc.).
- Founded Nickerson
program in 1992 by linking Sirsum Corda Service Group with Nickerson
Gardens Resident Management Corporation, formed group of Faculty advisors
(Dr. Judith White, Dr. Herb Medina, Dr. Victoria Graf). Currently 30 LMU
students go to Nickerson weekly to work with children ages 6 to 18 years.
Included onsite operation of Riordan Computer Lab.
- On behalf of Nickerson
Gardens wrote a grant to Peace
Corps for returning Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs) to obtain tuition
funding from Knight Foundation so they can live & work at housing
developments in Los Angeles
while obtaining their degree in the evening. This is the first such
program in the country. In Summer 1993 Father
O'Malley, President of LMU, signed a contract with the Peace Corps to make
LMU an official partner to train RPCVs in our MBA program.
- Feed the Homeless program at
since 1993. Worked with ladies at Nickerson to provide support for them as
they donated & cooked their own food monthly to feed the homeless in
their community who live in cars & alleys.
- Fund raising & repair for Good Shepard Home for
Battered Women, Apr. 1994. Fund raising & repair for Caring For Babies with Aids, & Rue's House for women &
children with Aids, Apr. 1994.
- In August 1994, first three of seven Returned Peace
Corps Volunteers enrolled as MBA students living & working full-time
in two public housing developments. Conducted small business seminars
& helped residents launch microenterprise & business incubator
- Presentation on the Loyola Marymount Fellows Programs
to the June 1995 Peace Corps of the U.S. Annual Fellows meeting in
- Small business consulting projects: 1999-present.
- Organization theory service learning projects: 1998-present.
- Boje, D. M. (2003) Leadership class does Gap service
learning project. RoundUP article http://www.roundupnews.com/news/572112.html
Dec on Sep 24 2008
4th, photos at http://business.nmsu.edu/%7Edboje/usas/pages/GAP_letter.pdf
- Member Las Cruces Business Network - http://lascrucesbusinessnetwork.com/html/members.htm 2008-present Did presentation to the event
- Initiated and facilitatred 1st Arts Convention of Las Cruces and Mesilla Valley, on Sep 8, 15, and 22nd. Over 100 participants. This is a service learing project for Mgt448/548 small business consulting, as a service to city government, town of Mesilla, and some 127 arts organization members and leaders. see http://talkingstick.info for photos and press items